ENGAGE. EMPOWER. HEAL.
The Pennsylvania Harm Reduction Coalition (PAHRC) is a collaboration between various organizations including treatment providers, harm reduction programs, medical entities, social service agencies, academia, criminal justice reform projects, activists, and ordinary people.
The mission of PAHRC is to promote the health, dignity, and human rights of individuals who use drugs and communities impacted by drug use.
We carry out our mission by:
- Increasing knowledge and capacity of those impacted by social inequity, criminalization, and stigma
- Educating key decision-makers on effective policy and advocating for its implementation
- Building community power and leadership through training, outreach, and engagement
Our current initiatives & campaigns:
- The HERO Initiative
- Treatment Overdose Prevention
- Serving Returning Citizens
- PA Syringe Services Campaign
- Harm Reduction Training Initiative
PAHRC is dedicated to advocating for, and with, individuals who are currently using substances to receive competent care and comprehensive services. Our immediate goal is to expand access to sterile injection equipment, naloxone, and other harm reduction oriented services throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. We welcome anyone who is interested in promoting evidence-based and humane responses to substance use to join us!