The HERO Empowerment Leadership Program is a 2-day advocacy leadership training designed for change agents, community organizers, and fierce harm reduction advocates who are tired of our failed policies and ready to be part of the solution to the overdose crisis in Pennsylvania.
As part of our HERO Initiative, the Pennsylvania Harm Reduction Coalition has hosted several Opioid Response Forums to teach advocates how to engage their legislators and advocate for policy change. But we can’t continue to do this alone. Real change requires a movement of advocates, which is why we need you--your leadership, your skills, your hunger for change--to join us in building this progressive movement of heroes across Pennsylvania.
In this 2-day immersion, you will learn the leadership and training skills needed to deliver the HERO Initiative Opioid Response Advocacy Forum to your own and surrounding communities, and mobilize advocates to be part of a movement that will change the way Pennsylvania responds to the overdose epidemic and the war on drugs.
Support for this program made possible through the Staunton Farm Foundation.
- This event will take place in York, PA on October 12th & 13th
- We encourage applicants from all areas of Pennsylvania to apply, with a special focus/priority on Western PA
- This program is only open to 20 participants
- Scholarships will be provided to cover hotel/lodging costs (2 nights total)
- Breakfast & lunch will be provided both days, dinner is on your own
- Participants should plan to arrive on the evening of Friday, October 11th. The program will be delivered all day Saturday and part of Sunday
- Please fill out the application below. The deadline for submissions is September 6th.
- Applicants who have attended one of our Opioid Response Forums are preferred, but this is not a requirement. All applicants will be considered.
In addition to the written component of your application, we are asking you to upload your resume, and a brief (5 minutes or less) video talking about what your experience was like attending our Opioid Response Advocacy Forum and why are you the right candidate to attend this leadership program. If you did not attend an Opioid Advocacy Forum, please submit a brief (5 minutes or less) video on a relevant topic and why you are the right candidate to attend this leadership program.
If you have issues with viewing or filling out the application form below, please follow this link to open the form in a new window.